SSTAGE, in Partnership with the Georgia Department of Education Presents
The 11th Annual SSTAGE Promising Practices Conference
January 17, 2018 at The Classic Center
Featured workshops include:
- Advanced Applications of RTI, RTI Leadership Essentials, RTI in Secondary Schools, and an exclusive What Works Q/A Session with Wayne Callender, author and national RTI Consultant who has worked at the State, district and building levels improving educational outcomes. Wayne currently trains and advises educators across the country in the implementation of systems for school improvement, both on-site and through nationwide seminars. If you’ve heard Wayne recently, he is taking his talk to the next level, and you don’t want to miss this!
- MTSS 101 and Fidelity of Implementation Sessions with Steve Seward, Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals’ Assistant director and a national presenter in the areas of leadership, coaching, classroom pedagogy, data dialogue, Professional Learning Communities, district transformation and systems alignment, and is a Training Associate for Adaptive Schools®.
- Spotlights – 10 minute, focused presentations on a variety of RTI related topics
- Multiple RTI/MTSS breakout sessions
- More workshop information to come!
Many of the best features of this annual event are the outstanding presentations by Georgia schools and systems.
This year SSTAGE is proud to showcase effective RTI promising practices from:
- 2017 SSTAGE STAR Award Winning Schools – Bowdon Elementary School (Carroll County), Henry County Middle School (Henry County), Madison County High School (Madison County)
- Plus workshops by additional Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, and selected school districts, some of which will become our 2018 SSTAGE STAR Winners!
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Link to all PowerPoint presentations prior to the conference
- Early Bird registration (until December 1, 2017):
- $125 for 2017-18 paid SSTAGE members
- $175 for non-members
- Registration after December 1, 2017:
- $150 for 2017-18 paid SSTAGE members
- $200 for non-members
- 7:30 - 8:20am | Registration
- 8:30 - 9:45am | Session 1
- 9:45 - 10:00am | Break
- 10:00 - 11:15am | Session 2
- 11:15 - 12:45pm | Lunch and Break
- 12:45 - 2:00 pm | Session 3
- 2:00 - 2:15pm | Break
- 2:15 - 3:30pm | Session 4
The Classic Center
300 N. Thomas St., Athens, GA 30601
Parking is available at The Classic Center. SSTAGE will provide parking vouchers at the conference.
|Graduate Athens||$98 a night||295 E Dougherty St.||(706) 549-7020|
|Hotel Indigo-Athens||$99 a nighta
$10 parking fee
|500 College Ave.||(706) 546-0430|
|Hilton Garden Inn||$139 a night
$9.95 parking fee
|390 E Washington St.||(706) 353-6800|
|Holiday Inn||$90 a night||197 E Broad St.||(706) 549-4433|
|Holiday Inn Express||$89 a night||513 W Broad St.||(706) 546-8122|
|Courtyard by Marriott||$98 a night||166 N Finley St||(706) 546-8122|
|Hyatt Place||$169 a night
$10 parking fee
|412 N Thomas St||(706) 425-1800|
For additional information and answers to questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSTAGE Cancellation Policy
To cancel participation for an event, SSTAGE must receive written notice (contact Wallace Blackstock) seven calendar days prior to the scheduled workshop/conference. An administrative fee of $25.00 will be charged for cancellations. Requests for a refund must be received in writing at least seven calendar days prior to the start of the conference and must be addressed to Wallace Blackstock. SSTAGE encourages participants to find a substitute. Replacements will be welcome and there will be no charge to transfer a registration to a colleague for the event. Advance notice of replacements is preferred. If an individual registers and does not attend the event, he/she will be marked as a “no show” and the full conference fees shall apply. Registrants are responsible for payment. Refunds will not be made for “no shows”. Refunds and reimbursements will not be transferable to other workshops or conferences. SSTAGE is not responsible for United States Postal Service mail or electronic mail failures.